The Production Manager will form an integral part of the senior management team in the achievement of operational objectives with the responsibility to maximise the level of output of the production department by ensuring operating costs of the department are minimised through a lean manufacturing environment.
- To provide leadership & drive continuous improvement through maximising operational effectiveness and efficiencies whilst reducing costs through development of people, processes and systems to schedule and to standards/requirements.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to develop the organisation’s production strategy, incorporating annual strategic objectives and financial budgets.
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the effective management, direction and training of Production Supervisors, Master Scheduler & production/inspection operatives.
- Provide strong leadership, direction and mentoring to ensure a focused and highly efficient team.
- Ensuring that jobs are manufactured correctly cost effectively and delivered on time in accordance to customer build specification and quality requirements.
- Communicating with all the relevant people / departments and co-ordinating all relevant inputs (people, plant and processes) to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved.
- Planning, scheduling and reviewing workload to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved cost effectively.
- Ensuring that the shop floor has the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, plant and tooling required in order to achieve production targets.
- Maintain quality standards and manage any quality issues in conjunction with the quality department.
- Maintain proactive, dynamic and effective communication with customers at all times
- Schedule, plan and conduct Production meetings to communicate production schedule and overcome any issues.
- Monitor quality, accuracy and on time delivery targets to ensure all requirements are met
- Ensure that Company strategy and procedures are implemented to meet Company targets.
- Assist in the development of production facilities and identifying areas for improvement to enhance efficiency.
- Assist in evaluating, utilising, deployment and embedment of a range of continuous improvement and lean techniques to deliver best in class operational excellence.
- Performance Management – monitoring performance by the use of appropriate KPI’s as per departmental business score cards.
- Ensuring standards are met and taking the appropriate corrective actions as required.
- Ensure the provision of complete, accurate, timely and reliable production/scheduling information to the Board of Directors and Senior Management Team.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to overcome and review issues as they arise.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is completed in a timely & accurate manner
- Comply with all company Health & Safety requirements
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards at all time to ensure a clean and safe working environment for all employees.
- Co-ordinate training of new team members into the production/scheduling departments.
- Attend such training or instruction as may be deemed necessary by the company to enable you to work competently and safely.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- Relevant qualification in a manufacturing / production / technical discipline, preferably third level degree.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant Production Management experience
- Knowledge of business, finance and management principles
- Evidence of strong customer focus and commercial acumen
- Good IT knowledge of Systems and Processes
- People management skills and the ability to motivate and lead a diverse team.
- Highly adaptable and flexible approach with a ‘can do’ attitude
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
CLOSING DATE: 2nd September 2022 @1pm
Working hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-5:15pm
To apply please fill out the online application form.
Elite Electronic Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.