- Standard level of lead times remains at 20-26 weeks (we are seeing some component lead times at 52 weeks+).
- Price increases now range from 5-20% due to raw material costs and availability.
- BBC News reports on ‘Chipageddon’ and the effect chip shortages have had on companies including; Sony, iPhone, Samsung, and Microsoft.
- Most suppliers are advising placing schedules out to at least Q4 2021 due to constraints on raw materials, full order books.
- Ocean ports are still severely congested as a result of massively increased exports to regions such as the US, Europe, and Asia. This has extended lead times by an additional 3-4 weeks due to ports facing these massive delays.